Friday, November 27, 2009

Did you plan for Thanksgiving?

If you ate to your heart's delight on Thanksgiving like I did, I'm hoping you had a plan.  I incorporated a pre-Thanksgiving fast coupled with a hard high-intensity-full-body workout,  a Thanksgiving sprint workout, and a post-Thanksgiving fast.

I'll also get in a quick, high-intesity workout today during my post-Thanksgiving fast.  And this is no small feat as I'm preparing a post-Thanksgiving turkey gumbo...but I'll wait to eat my serving tomorrow.

For me, it's not a huge deal because I'm currently eating in a small surplus to gain a little more muscle.  But Thanksgiving will put you in a HUGE caloric surplus if you don't adjust on the front-end or back-end; I've chosen to do both.

If you are not familiar with intermittent fasting, I suggest getting a copy of Eat Stop Eat.  There are countless benefits and it's a simple, easy way to manage your calories and still enjoy a normal life.

So enjoy all the goodies and dishes that you look forward to all year, but have a plan.  You'll feel better and thank yourself later.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment