- Tenderloin Filet Mignon (I used a 7.3 oz filet/.45 lbs/206 grams)
- A bag of spinach (142 grams)
- 1 small onion
- 2 TBSP butter
- 4 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- Parmesan cheesed, zested (about 20 grams)
- Salt, pepper, other spices
- Season steak to your liking 6-8 hours in advance of cooking. Stick back in fridge.
- Remove steak from fridge about 30 minutes before cooking.
- Chop onion and add to 1/2 TBSP butter -- sauté
- In a separate small sauce pan, melt 1.5 TBSP butter, then add heavy cream, parmesan cheese, minced garlic, and black pepper to taste -- simmer.
- Throw steak on grill. For an average filet, 5 mins of each side will achieve medium rare (cook to your liking).
- Add bag of spinach to onion and cook down until spinach is wilted. Season to taste (I like Tony Chachere's)
- Take steak off grill and cover for 5 mins. This allows steak juice to re-absorb back into the steak and maintain incredible flavor.
- Putting it all together:
- Place spinach on plate
- Spoon 1/2 cream sauce over spinach.
- Place steak on spinach and sauce. Spoon remaining cream sauce over steak.
- Serve with 1/2 cup cottage cheese.
Calories - 965
Protein - 68.9 grams
Carb - 27.1
Fat - 65.5